Tuesday, July 15, 2014

May - June -July

As the spring turned into summer and I forced myself to stop focusing on my health, I started to feel better. The start of May was rough. I still felt impending doom and cleared out and cleaned out my closets. I started to write my dying book again, and bounced between trying to get as much done as I could to simply enjoying each day for what it was.
But slowly, I started to find I wasn't scared I was going to have a heart attack while driving, my energy was picking up, my palpations slowed, as the days became warmer, my hands and feet started to warm and I started to be able to walk Jack and not become out of breath.
Things were starting to look up.
In July, however, I had an episode where I had severe pains in the middle of my chest. I'd eaten peanut butter and attributed the pains to the diverticulium.
Though I knew about this - it had really never been explained by Dr. Minissale what it was and how it would affect me.  The most he ever said was, "This should not be causing your problems."
So I went to see Dr. Fissel and touched base with him. I made an appointment to see Dr. Nack (new GI, trying to switch everything over to the Abington system) - but it wouldn't be until August that I could see him. Dr. Fissel was intrigued because he had never seen a diverticulium that large from the spot it was in.
By the time I saw Dr. Fissel, however, the pain had subsided. He wrote me a script for pain meds (over the counter meds doesn't ease that pain). Since I'd been feeling much more energetic - we decided to check my bloodwork and see if things had improved.
They did a bit - my red cell count was just a bit below normal, but my vitamin D was actually low, and my MVP was also low. My iron saturation had come up to normal levels though.
Yay. Progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment