Friday, July 18, 2014

Neurotic Heart

Listen, because I was told "your palpations are "just a thing" -nothing to worry about...and because I know from being a paramedic that YES, some people do have excitable hearts...I believed the cardiac doc's in 2006 when they said my cardiac problems weren't really problems.
It wasn't until I had to get surgical clearance for my hysterectomy that I started to request reports that had been done. Now, granted, there weren't GLARING red flags - but there always seemed to be something a bit off. And in the EKG report from my visit on 3/13/2014 (there were two, interestingly enough) - one said their might be possible left atrium enlargement.
Dr. Kmetzo and Jennifer Brown didn't take me seriously; and I  had planned to see a cardiac doc affilated with Abington, wondering if perhaps Doylestown docs would stand as a united front in the case that something HAD been overlooked.
But then I realized the cyst on my ovary needed to come out sooner rather than later and I didn't really have time to start all over again with an Abington practice (not to mention my surgery was going to be done in Doylestown).
So I went to see Dr. Renee Sangrigoli with Doylestown Cardiology Associates for "surgery" clearance on the advice of Dr. Dinesen.
Well, she didn't even listen to my heart. LOL. I shouldn't laugh - but it's just so ridiculous that these doctors do NOTHING to alleviate anxiety. I guess she reviewed my medical charts because I handed her the reports from my arrhythmia during surgery and she barely glanced at them. I explained I was worried about my heart during surgery and she said there was nothing to worry about - I simply had a spot in my heart that often misfired but it wasn't anything that couldn't be easily managed. She gave me a form clearing me for surgery.
You hear that heart? You are fine. Stop over-reacting!

No comments:

Post a Comment