Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Dr. Eddy - Thin Office Walls

Though I really like Dr. Rachel Notte - her office was quite a distance away. I'd made an appointment with Dr. Jarrod Eddy on the advice of Dr. Jennifer White from the Doylestown ER. She seemed to really like him.

While I liked Eddy - I disliked IMMENSELY the office. When I walked in, the receptionist at the window was leaving a message about a medical issue on someones voicemail. She said, "Hi Mr. Mercury, we have your test results back. You do an pneumonia and we've called in a prescription for..." (I've fictionalized the name and medical condition) - I was horrified. Though in a day and age where we seem to give up privacy freely (Facebook, Four Square (now Swarm) Twitter, etc) - I do feel there should still be some privacy and the doctors office should certainly be one of them! The waiting room was just...blah. Horrible music playing. And it smelled like diapers. Dirty diapers.
I waited about 15 minutes for the doctor. I don't usually mind waiting if there are good magazines, but there were none.
The exam room was horrible. Looked like it had been around since 1966. I was given a paper thin gown and told to wait. While I sat on the exam table in the horrible flimsy paper gown (this was a far cry from Dr. Notte interviewing me while I had all my clothes ON first) I waited. Again. And while I waited, I could hear someone getting upset in another room about someone not calling back her mother about a message. There was an argument. Again, I was mortified that I could hear SO MUCH. Dr. Eddy finally came in after about 15 minutes and apologized for running late. He seemed to think my symptoms pointed to a hernia. He gave me some Xanax for my palpitations and/or two take 2 prior to bedtime (I wanted to try and get off Ambien). . He also gave me a script for Protonix something for acid reflux (I didn't fill that script). He told me NOT to take any antibiotics - he thought what ever was wrong with me didn't need any Cipro or anything similar.
He questioned why Dr. Minissale was sending me for an MRII had no idea. I was going for the MRI because Dr. Minissale recommended I go for an MRI.
"You don't need the MRI. The CAT scan you've had already shows you have diverticuli and a hematoma on your liver. I don't really think you need the MRI."

Huh. Now I was confused. Did I really need an MRI? Now again, I had conflicting ideas from different doctors about what was possibly wrong with me. The only one thing I knew for sure, I was super tired of doctors, and getting no better.

I liked Dr. Eddy - but I did not like (at all!) the lack of privacy from the front office leaving messages right in front of waiting patients to the thin exam walls that allowed me to hear a very unhappy patient to the crappy exam rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment