Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dr. Rachel Notte - Super Smart & Fairy Dusted

On March 20th - I had an appointment with Dr. Rachel Notte. She is the wife of my former family Dr. - Dr. Christopher Notte (whom most people love - must be that fairy dust Dr. Ukropec states was sprinkled in his hair!).

At this point in my medical journey - I'm still searching for a new family doctor; it's important to me that I feel I can trust my family doctor. That we mesh. That they listen.

She is not taking new patients - so I was very grateful that she made an exception to see me. Her office is located in Warminster and that's about a half n hour from my house. During my illness - I've become very apprehensive about driving. Not only am I tired, but my heart palpitations have started to return and I'm scared to death that I'll have some sort of attack while driving. My mind has been very forgetful also, and I've been having trouble "finding" the right words - I know what I want to say, but I can't seem to get the correct word out. The pain in my lower left comes and goes and it also seems to hover right above my pelvic bone. Most troublesome is that when I try to walk Jack, I become very short of breath, and in the shower, short of breath and have to lay (lie?) down for about 20 minutes after I shower. In the morning, I have energy and feel like I'm fine - but around noon - I start a fast slide downhill - my heart races, become exhausted, the pain increases, it's crazy.

Anway - the front office staff at Dr. Notte's is great. Super sweet and friendly. The exam rooms are nice. Clean. Dr. Notte spoke with me for about an hour - while I was fully dressed! I love when doctors talk to you while you are wearing clothes BEFORE they exam you. It makes you feel like they are treating you with respect - and not like you're simply a medical object. Dr. Notte really listened. And I mean, I threw a-lot at her - my cardiac history, my gyn history, my current pain, symptoms, my abnormal labs. Can I just point out - she's married to a doctor and has two children? I don't know how she does it - but she does and she does it brilliantly!

She ordered more lab tests and I made a follow up appointment. I think she might have fairy dust in her her also.

No comments:

Post a Comment