Tuesday, March 25, 2014

DR. Kmetzo

On March 25 I had two appointments: Dr. Kmetzo a cardiologist and Dr. Eddy - a family doctor that was recommended by Dr. Jennifer White.
This entry is about Dr. Kmetzo.

I needed to see a cardiac doctor to clear me for surgery because of my cardiac history.

Dr. Kmetzo was recommended by a friend of the family. Later, when I decided to really get pro-active about becoming in charge of my health, I would learn that Dr. Kmetzo had reviewed my echocardiography report that I'd had on 10/23/2006. It noted mild mitral, tricuspid, and pulmonic regurgitation and mild buckling to the mitral valve (I was never told about this, however, I wouldn't learn this until 8 years later after searching for and requesting reports).

Kmetzo was nice enough. His nurse who set up the EKG was totally nice. Had just moved to the area and she was very friendly.

Kmetzo - he was okay. Not a great bedside manner, but not a cold one either. He seemed a bit dismissive of me - a young cheeful woman healthy woman compared to the 80 year old blue haired wispy ladies using oxygen tanks shuffling in the waiting room.

He gave me a script for a Nuclear Stress test.

No comments:

Post a Comment